Date:      Fri, 15 May 1998 19:18:32 -0500
From:      Paul Saab <paul@mu.org>
To:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   aborted commands

Hi,

recently I have been having problems with my scsi bus resetting
and aborting commands.  I have 2 DACS-34330W drives connected
internally anda tape connected externally to a 2940UW.

The error I got today was this:
May 15 19:01:37 elvis /kernel: sd3(ahc1:0:0): ABORTED COMMAND
asc:1b,0 Synchronous data transfer error
May 15 19:01:37 elvis /kernel: , retries:4

It the disk dying or do I need to look closely at cable length and
termination?  I have checked termination over and over and it it
correct.  On the controller I have the bios set for termination
automatic if that helps in tracking the problem down.

Thanks,

paul