Date:      Fri, 27 Mar 1998 06:55:11 -0800 (PST)
From:      Thomas Dean <tomdean@ix.netcom.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Sorry for my Earlier Post - SPAM driven!

I have just finished processing a dozen or so spam messages,
attempting to reply to abuse@..., postmaster@..., webmaster@...  and
am frustrated.

Just filtering them does no good.  I feel we all need to poke at the
abusers and/or their ISP's.  I try to do at least a dozen a day,
sending:

>One of your subscribers is sending spam.
>
>This is intefering with my ability to use the internet and my computer
>system.
>
>Please help stop this abuse.
>
>I have enclosed a copy of this abusive e-mail.
>
>Thank you,
>tomdean

Any better ideas?

The Washington legislature is processing a bill that makes it illegal
to send/forward spam!  Hooray!