Date:      Fri, 07 May 1999 08:50:26 +0100
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        "Jeff Ehrenkrantz" <admin@gccomm.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ppp[26337]: tun0: Phase: Clearing choked output queue

> Hi all, I have had a problem that I can't figure a cause for. Could someone
> please give me some insight on it.
> Nearly daily I have the following error messages show up in my ppp.log
>
> "May  6 14:02:44 Border ppp[26337]: tun0: Phase: Clearing choked output
> queue"
>
> And the gateway stops passing data. requiring killing ppp and restarting.
> I use ppp -alias -auto PAP as the command . Any help would be appreciated.

The message means that ppp has been sitting on some data for 2
minutes (or whatever the choked timeout is set to) and wasn't able to
send *any* of it.

This normally happens because of multiple [re]dial failures.

If the link is up when this happens, it indicates that your UART/
modem is jammed.

--
Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org>                        <brian@FreeBSD.org>
      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;                   <brian@OpenBSD.org>