Date:      Tue, 12 Jun 2001 20:57:31 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Ian P. Thomas" <ipthomas_77@yahoo.com>
To:        shailesh@ece.ubc.ca (shailesh sheoran)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: can't setup freebsd on a 20GB harddisk

	You have the root partition for BSD past the 1024 cylinder of the
hard drive.  I am assuming you want this.

	15 GB Windows First Slice
	5  GB FreeBSD Second Slice(BSD partitions in here)

Unfortunately, you need something more like this.

	7.5 GB Windows First Slice
	100 MB FreeBSD Second Slice(root partition here only)
	7.5 GB Windows Third Slice(the ever handy Windows backup slice)
	4.9 GB FreeBSD Fourth Slice(/usr, swap, /var, /home, etc.)

Check Windows and see if it is taking up more that 7.5 gigs.  If it isn't,
shrink it.  You can always add more after the BSD root partition.

Ian

In the last episode, shailesh sheoran stated...