Date:      Thu, 22 Jun 2000 12:27:30 +0800
From:      "Maksimov Maksim" <maksim@tts.tomsk.su>
To:        <freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   How defend from stream2.c attack?

I am insert in my kernel config file this strings:

options         ICMP_BANDLIM
options         TCP_DROP_SYNFIN         #drop TCP packets with SYN+FIN
options         TCP_RESTRICT_RST        #restrict emission of TCP RST

and insert in my rc.conf config file this strings:

tcp_keepalive="YES"             # Enable stale TCP connection timeout (or
NO).
tcp_drop_synfin="YES"           # Set to YES to drop TCP packets with
SYN+FIN
                                           # NOTE: this violates the TCP
specification
tcp_restrict_rst="YES"          # Set to YES to restrict emission of RST
icmp_drop_redirect="YES"        # Set to YES to ignore ICMP REDIRECT packets
icmp_log_redirect="NO"          # Set to YES to log ICMP REDIRECT packets
icmp_bmcastecho="NO"            # respond to broadcast ping packets

and recompile my kernel, and reboot my computer,
and set net.inet.icmp.icmplim down to 20,
and add rules to my firewall (I use IPFilter 3.4.6):
block in quick on ed0 from any to 255.255.255.255
block in quick on ed0 from any to my.local.subnet.255

BUT stream2.c attack freezed my FreeBSD 4.0-20000608-STABLE as before!!!

Best regards,
Maks Maksimov                           mailto:maksim@tts.tomsk.su