Date:      Sat, 12 May 2018 09:17:24 +1000
From:      Peter Jeremy <peter@rulingia.com>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Looking for a terminal that supports non-integer cell sizes.

--HlL+5n6rz5pIUxbD

Following a laptop change, I find myself in need of a terminal that will al=
low
a non-integer character cell size.  Whilst xterm (and the other terminals I=
've
tried) allow arbitrarily sized freetype fonts, the requested size is rounde=
d so
that a character cell is an integer number of pixels.  In my case, that mea=
ns
I have a choice of "too big" (3 terminals are too wide to fit across the sc=
reen)
or "too small" (the fontsize is a bit too small for comfort).  Does anyone =
know
of a terminal that doesn't round character cells to be an integer number of=
 pixels?

--=20
Peter Jeremy

--HlL+5n6rz5pIUxbD