Date:      Sun, 01 Apr 2012 15:55:53 +1000
From:      Da Rock <freebsd-ports@herveybayaustralia.com.au>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: libreoffice-3.4.5.2 failing to build

On 03/30/12 17:03, Da Rock wrote:
> On 03/30/12 16:22, Baptiste Daroussin wrote:

>>> After a portsnap update I still get core dumps in the
>>> calc/sc/cppunittester and the impress/sd/qa/unit/cppunittester.
>>>
>>> I've tried turning off make jobs, and I also checked the core files
>>> (when I finally found them). The only clue I have is this:
>>>
>>> #0 0x00000008016bca7c in ??
>>>
>>> This is in _both_ core files, and although its not very helpful it says
>>> its stopping in exactly the same place (duh).
>>>
>>> Seriously guys, where do I go from here? Googling isn't exactly
>>> offering
>>> up much - my searches can be as much as 7 results (usually my own stuff
>>> or duplicates of the same).
>>>
>>> Or, as my last resort, can I use the 8.2 package instead?
>>>
>>> Need some serious pointers, pleeease... :)
>> is you 9.0-RELEASE a freshly built system? or installed installed from
>> installers or upgraded?
> Completely clean install last week, and ports tree refreshed since on
> wed.
>
> I've been on the libreoffice-dev lists and the only advice is to
> disable the tests - but if the test is failing it must be for a reason
> don't you think? So why?
>
> Thanks for these couple of responses, still need help though :)

  I have news from the eastern front :)

I've hotwired the makefile to use clang, and I have some errors cropping
up close to where I was having issues using gcc:

In file included from
/usr/ports/editors/libreoffice/work/libreoffice-bootstrap-3.4.5.2/soltools/giparser/gi_list.cxx:33:
In file included from ../inc/gi_list.hxx:33:
../inc/st_list.hxx:298:10: error: use of undeclared identfier 'push_back'
                 push_back( new XY(*(*it)) );
                 ^
                 this->
... more notes - usually related to this issue...
../inc/st_list.hxx:311:5: error: use of undeclared identifier 'checkSize'
                 checkSize(DynamicList<XY>::len-2);
                 ^
                 this->
... even more notes the last error...

And then the usual fail routine.

Any pointers on what is going on? What can I switch to improve the
situation? The identifiers are there, but it doesn't seem to see that.
Is this a C89/99 thing maybe?

I love clang - it shows up all the little nuances More than likely the
root of my original issue...