Date:      Wed, 17 Oct 2007 17:06:51 -0400
From:      kurtseel <kurtseel@primetime.com>
To:        Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-geom@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gmirror + ggated question

Pawel Jakub Dawidek wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 17, 2007 at 02:12:58PM -0400, kurtseel wrote:
>
>> I built a mirror of a local drive and a ggated backed device. I ran
>> iozone on it
>> and it runs along fine until a certain point when it slows down to a
>> near stand
>> still. It doesn't break the mirror or crash the system, but it does slow
>> the system
>> down to a near stop.
>>

> You haven't said which FreeBSD version you use. If it's not HEAD nor
> RELENG_7, try this patch:
>
> 	http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sbin/ggate/shared/ggate.c.diff?r1=1.8;r2=1.9

 Sorry.
[root@test1 /usr/src/sbin/ggate]# uname -a
FreeBSD test1.khome.utcorp.net. 6.2-RELEASE-p4 FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE-p4
#0: Thu Apr 26 17:40:53 UTC 2007
root@i386-builder.daemonology.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386

 I applied the patch and am resyncing the mirror now, backed by the patched
ggated. When it is done, I'll re-run the iozone.