Date:      Wed, 15 Nov 2006 09:17:25 -0600
From:      "Jack Stone" <antennex@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Another FBSD utility/script question

Here I come with another easy one for most on the list -- except for me.

I have 12,000 plus lines that have an empty line in between each real line,
like so:

this is a line of info 1
(empty)
this is a line of info 2

this is a line of info 3

etc, etc

To eliminate each "empty" line in between the "info" lines would take a
long, long time.
Thus my question: what tool is available or syntax to remove the 6000 empty
lines so there's no space in between?

This has got to be an easy one, except when one doesn't know the answer.

Thanks,

Jack of all trades, master of only some!