Date:      Thu, 25 Nov 1999 14:44:10 +0200
From:      Alex <usov@hq.ups.kiev.ua>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   XFree86 questions

Hi everybody!

I have got a few questions.

When installing XFree86 3.3.5 under 3.3-RELEASE postinst.sh prompts
to edit manually termcap and to install it`s own xterm.termcap patch.
Is it really important, or I may leave default termcap untouched?

And one more, when I put into XF86Config option 'XkbKeymap
"xfree86(ru)"'
and trying to start X, I get following error:

System: `/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb/xkbcomp -w 1 -R/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb
-xkm \
 -m ru -em1 "The XKEYBOARD keymap compiler (xkbcomp) reports:" -emp "> "
\
-eml "Errors from xkbcomp are not fatal to the X server" keymap/xfree86
\
compiled/xfree86.xkm'

what does it mean and how to fight with it (The only way I know is
'XkbDisable' key)?

Sorry for my bad english.

Thanks.

                                 Usov Alexander