Date:      Sun, 27 Oct 2002 13:12:04 -0800
From:      Sean Chittenden <sean@chittenden.org>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
Cc:        Kevin Stevens <Kevin_Stevens@pursued-with.net>, freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Annoying ARP warning messages.

> > > well, WHY is it seeing the same MA addresses on both interfaces?
> >
> > Because they're on the same network, as described above.
>
> Don't get snooty..
> the question is :"why do you want to do that?
> Is it to get more bandwidth?

I do this to get more bandwidth from NFS sometimes.  It's cheesy, but
I'll plug two nics into the same VLAN give each nic different IP
addresses, then I'll setup DNS round robbin for the A records and
*poof* instant clustering.  This works better with UDP than it does
TCP, but still...  I've gotten 150Mbps off of my NFS server by doing
that.  Can't say as its graceful, but it's certainly a poor-man's way
of getting more than 100Mbps of capacity.

Julien, know of a better way?  I get the feeling that you've got an
idea...  :)  -sc

--
Sean Chittenden