Date:      Wed, 13 Sep 2000 11:05:41 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Chris Dillon <cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        gerti-freebsdq@bitart.com, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Matrox G400 & Xinerama works, but...

On Wed, 13 Sep 2000, Greg Lehey wrote:

> > 2) I can't seem to get the second screen to run at a higher refresh
> > rate. The first runs at 75Hz, the second at 60Hz (equivalent monitors
> > and monitor configuration). The problem appears to be this:
> >

> > 	(==) MGA(0): Min pixel clock is 12 MHz
> > 	(==) MGA(0): Max pixel clock is 300 MHz
> > 	(==) MGA(1): Min pixel clock is 12 MHz
> > 	(==) MGA(1): Max pixel clock is 112 MHz
> >
> > Is there any way to configure MGA(1) with a higher max pixel clock? Or
> > is this a problem with the driver or card?
>
> That's a hardware maximum, unfortunately.  I have one of these cards
> as well, and it makes it effectively useless to me (well, no more use
> than a single-headed card).

FYI, I think this is no longer a limitation in the G450.

I'm not sure if the G450 is driver compatible with the G400, though.

-- Chris Dillon - cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us - cdillon@inter-linc.net
   FreeBSD: The fastest and most stable server OS on the planet.
   For Intel x86 and Alpha architectures. ( http://www.freebsd.org )