Date:      Fri, 23 Jun 2000 13:30:01 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at>
To:        Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@freebsd.org>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   ports-maintainers?

On Sun, 18 Jun 2000, Maxim Sobolev wrote:
> However, if you are talking about INSTALLS_SHLIB=yes change, then you
> should note that it was practically impossible for me to ask approval
> from maintainers of all those 250+ ports.

Ah, yes; sorry, I missed that.

Actually, that might indicate the need for some mechanism to contact
ports maintainers. ports@freebsd.org is a bit much volume for someone
maintaining just a single port (like me), yet it would be very useful
to obtain important infos like freeze dates, general changes, etc.

How about adding a lower-volume ports-maintainers (or similiar) list which
is automatically created from the MAINTAINER fields in the Makefiles and
where such announcements are sent?

Gerald