Date:      Fri, 7 May 1999 15:11:04 +0200 (MEST)
From:      Stefan Schoenberger <sschoen@wee.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Maximum login name length > 8 ?

Hi

I got a problem with long login names (>8 characters) with
FreeBSD-3.1-RELEASE and applications like Cyrus IMAP4 server
(that is: the shadow password daemon 'pwcheck') and also Samba 2.0.2.
They report a password error when the login name is longer than 8
characters. I built the Cyrus server from scratch out of the /usr/ports
directory but the error remains. I shouldn't forget to say that I recently
upgraded the system from FreeBSD-2.2.8 to FreeBSD-3.1. Did I miss
something?

Thanks

Stefan Schoenberger
sschoen@wee.de