Date:      Sun, 20 Jun 1999 13:02:52 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Glenn Gebhart <glenn@cs.hmc.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem booting FreeBSD 3.2

Heylo all...

I just got done installing FreeBSD 3.2 on my system. The installation went
fine, and the boot screen comes up correctly. I can even use "?" to see
what files are in /. But when it tries to boot using /kernel it fails with
the following message:

Invalid format!

And then returns directly to the boot screen. Anyone have any ideas what
is up with this? For reference I used to run FreeBSD 2.2.6 without any
problems.