Date:      Mon,  9 Aug 1999 13:38:25 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
To:        "Koscielny, Wally" <Wally.Koscielny@gs.com>
Cc:        "'alpha@FreeBSD.ORG'" <alpha@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Hard Drive Support

-current supports EIDE, but it (still) doesn't support it as an
installation device because you need to uncomment the ata driver in
GENERIC.

Pretty much any ncr/symbioses based PCI card should work as a boot
device, as well as a q-logic isp10x0.  Adaptec (ahc) adaptors will
work, but the SRM console doesn't understand how to boot from them.

Drew