Date:      Tue, 23 Jul 2002 09:56:10 -0600
From:      Thomas Connolly <tconnolly@electrosoftsolutions.com>
To:        "FreeBSD_Questions (E-mail 2)" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Mouse help please

All,
I am having troubles getting my mouse to work correctly in Xfree86 4.2.0.  I
have a generic ps/2, 3-button wheel mouse that works fine in the console but
when I startx, once I move the mouse it jets over to the right side of the
screen and stays there.  In my XF86Config I have:

Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Mouse0"
Driver "mouse"
Option "Protocol" "auto"
Option "Device" "/dev/sysmouse"
EndSection

I have the mouse daemon running.  I have tried stopping the moused and have
tried the following configurations in XF86Config:
Option "Device" "/dev/psm0
Option "Device" "/dev/mouse
Option "Protocol" "PS/2"

I have been through the FreeBSD Handbook and the Xfree86 documentation but I
have found nothing.  Has anyone had a similar problem who can offer some
advice?

Thomas Connolly