Date:      Mon, 18 Dec 1995 09:39:24 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@rocky.sri.MT.net>
To:        paul@netcraft.co.uk
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD-current-stable ???

> > A make world was not done, and if someone would donate a reasonable
> > machine to me to let me do so -- it would be very nice.  I probably
> > have the least powerful machine of any major contributor (and have
> > only one.)  Those with expensive high power machines are welcome to
> > help.  (Machines bigger than a 3 yr old 20MB 486/66 :-)).
> >

> It's not *that* small. Geeze, remember when we started, I had a 4Mb 25Mhz
> 486 when we did 1.0, things have changed a lot in the last few years :-)

Ahh, the good 'ol days, when you could build a kernel in less than 10
minutes on a 486/33 cause we were using gcc 1.4.  The amount of
resources required to do development has changed *ALOT* since 1.X.

My 486/66 is slower than my 486/33 was in doing a 'make world' in 1.1.5
and 2.X than it was in 1.0.

Having said that, I think that it would be nice if the project could
help John out with a faster box, but given how difficult that is I'm not
sure how.

Nate