Date:      Sun, 19 Feb 1995 12:28:03 +0100 (MET)
From:      Mark Huizer <xaa@xaa.stack.urc.tue.nl>
To:        freebsd.org!hackers@xaa.stack.urc.tue.nl
Subject:   PPP still hangs on hanging up

Hmm... I'm on this list now for only a day or three, so I'm not sure if
this is already mentioned. On my system (486-dx2-50, internal modem, 8M,
snap920210 binary distr.) I still notice the problem that the
machine spontaneously about 50% of the times
reboots after I send a SIGHUP to the pppd. I know that there used to be
patches to if_pppd in older versions, but I suppose that one has long
since been incorporated in the kernel source, right?

Greetings,

Mark Huizer

- Mark Huizer - xaa@xaa.stack.urc.tue.nl - markh@win.tue.nl		-
- Which is worse: ignorance or apathy?  Who knows?  Who cares?		-