Date:      Fri, 5 Jan 2001 21:03:11 +0300
From:      "Artem Koutchine" <matrix@ipform.ru>
To:        "Odhiambo Washington" <wash@iconnect.co.ke>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, <security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Building a local network on switches (ANTISNIFFER measures)

Somebody said, that there is way to fool but floodding it with weird
arpa entries and the switch will fall back into hub mode. I wonder if it
is true for all hubs and if I can use non SNMP controllable hub. SNMP
controillable ones ARE WAY TOO EXPENSIVE, about 500$ per piece,
and i need to substitute 8 hubs, that's at least 4000$. Unreal. So,
will i be fine with that CNET CNSH 800 siwtching hub or security costs more?

Regards,
Artem