Date:      Mon, 28 Jun 1999 16:36:31 +0800
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>
To:        Kirk McKusick <mckusick@flamingo.McKusick.COM>
Cc:        Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>, Alan Cox <alc@cs.rice.edu>, Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>, Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, "John S. Dyson" <toor@dyson.iquest.net>, dg@root.com, dyson@iquest.net, current@freebsd.org, Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Subject:   Re: Found the startup panic - ccd ( patch included )

Kirk McKusick wrote:
[..]
Re: kern_lock.c - looks like a reasonable fix.  There isn't much point
panicing for a poll.

> I do not see the problem that you are pointing out with missing
> BUF_KERNPROC in cluster_callback, but it is well past midnight,
> so I may not be thinking clearly.

No, you are correct.  I had experimented with moving the cluster_head
reassignment to LK_KERNPROC out of BUF_KERNPROC() and into the point
where it was added into the tailq, but in the end I realized it wasn't
much different and suspected that there could be problems if the cluster
build was abandoned at some point, so I left it the way it is.

> Greg Lehey has sent me a panic with the buffer locking in the NFS code.
> I am too tired to attack it tonight, but will look at it in the morning.

I might have a look if I get a chance..

> 	Kirk

Cheers,
-Peter