Date:      Sat, 28 Jul 2001 14:13:32 -0700
From:      Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
To:        tlambert2@mindspring.com
Cc:        mjacob@feral.com, Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.xs4all.nl>, freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: RFC: Removing support for TurboChannel machines from -current

> Let's not chase away someone who might take you up on your
> offer in the future by deleting the existing code today.

I disagree here.  I'd much rather chase these hypothetical individuals
away, or at least offer them a more useful and relevant alternative.

> What does diking out the code buy you, apart from less code
> in a checked out source tree, a bigger Attic, and a large
> CVSsup/CTM delta for everyone to have to swallow?

It takes away the "moral high ground" perceived by persons such as
yourself to perpetuate support for, or argue against changes which
prejudice, obsolete, unused and irrelevant hardware.

We don't support the TC machines.  It's foolish to pretend otherwise, and
simply makes for distractions at various levels.  The code should go.