Date:      Wed, 06 Sep 1995 12:49:07 -0700
From:      Paul Traina <pst@shockwave.com>
To:        security@freebsd.org
Subject:   syslog.c revisited

I finally got off my butt and put this together.  It's more anal than Eric's
proposed fix..actually, it's insanely anal,  but then again, syslog performance
isn't exactly critical.

The main difference between this and the previous version is the addition of
overflow checking and improved checking of the fmt_cpy code.  There is -no-
attempt at optimization here, and in fact, there are several basicly useless
checks in this code.  It's not designed to be efficient, it's designed to be
a 707.

Please review/comment,  it is my intent to dump this into 2.2 and as David
to include in 2.1 once I excercise it and test it on thud.

Paul