Date:      Wed, 15 Sep 1999 20:34:30 -0600
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Intel EtherExpress Pro/10+ not working

I have here a machine with an EtherExpress Pro/100+ (PCI) and an
EtherExpress Pro/10+ (ISA). The former probes correctly and works just
fine; the latter is not detected by the ex driver (which I *believe* is the
correct driver) in today's 3.3-RC.

I tried using Intel's configuration utility (under DOS) to turn off Plug 'n
Play and to nail down the board's I/O port (300h) and IRQ (5) at locations
where there are no conflicts. It detected the card, and the card passes the
built-in test suite with flying colors. I then cut all extraneous drivers
out of the kernel and put I/O port 300h and IRQ 5 explicitly into the
config file. But a kernel thus compiled still doesn't recognize the card.

Any ideas regarding what might be wrong?

--Brett