Date:      Wed, 8 May 2002 21:41:48 -0500
From:      "Matt Jonkman" <matt@jonkmans.com>
To:        <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   MPD PPTP Routing problem

I'm using mpd 3.2 on a freebsd 4.3 machine, ipfw with a pass any policy and
a nat. The FreeBSD machine is a firewall with an internal network of
10.0.0.0/24, internal interface 10.0.0.65.

I've got mpd configured to make the pptp connection, authentication and
negotiation works beautifully. Client is an XP machine.

I can send packets down the tunnel and can see them if I tcpdump the ng0
interface on the firewall, however I cannot get them any further than the
ng0 interface it seems.

A tcpdump of the internal interface shows absolutely no packets coming out,
not even an arp request.

The routing table on the client seems correct with a default route up the
tunnel. I can ping the internal IP of the firewall, and the firewall can
ping the tunnel ip of the client.

What am I missing?  This has got to be something simple. Can someone help me
out?

The relevant config snippets are below:

mpd.conf:

default:
        load pptp

pptp:
        new -i ng0 pptp pptp
        set iface disable on-demand
        set iface enable proxy-arp
        set iface idle 1800
        set iface route 10.0.0.0/24
        set bundle disable multilink
        set link yes acfcomp protocomp
        set link no pap chap
        set link enable chap
        set link keep-alive 10 60
        set ipcp yes vjcomp
        set ipcp ranges 10.0.0.65/32 10.0.0.200/32
        set ipcp dns 10.0.0.65
        set ipcp nbns 10.0.0.3
#
# The five lines below enable Microsoft Point-to-Point encryption
# (MPPE) using the ng_mppc(8) netgraph node type.
#
        set bundle enable compression
        set ccp yes mppc
        set ccp yes mpp-e40