Date:      Thu, 18 May 2006 09:00:59 +0200
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        Boris Samorodov <bsam@ipt.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Fedora Core 5 emulation and problems

Quoting Boris Samorodov <bsam@ipt.ru> (from Wed, 17 May 2006 15:19:38 +0400)=
:

[some facts I expected]

Thanks for the analysis.

> This are directions we should go to to get modern linux kernel and
> programms to run under FreeBSD. Maybe a Google SoC may help.

We already have a student who is eager to start after his exams. We =20
just need to get the final number of students Google is willing to =20
sponsor and the official announcement of which students are accepted. =20
And maybe we will get a second student for this too (I have a nice =20
TODO list for more than one student), but so far I didn't heard =20
anything from any other student with a linuxolator proposal I tried to =20
get in contact with (in case anyone is listening, please have a look =20
at your proposals for public comments, and maybe try to get in contact =20
with me directly).

> Hey, the good news is that an FC4 port is successfilly running on my
> system a couple of days. ;-)

Great. Do you think we can skip FC3 and go directly to FC4 without =20
breaking anything (no change to the rest of the infrastructure ports =20
like xorg and gtk)?

Bye,
Alexander.

--=20
http://www.Leidinger.net  Alexander @ Leidinger.net: PGP ID =3D B0063FE7
http://www.FreeBSD.org     netchild @ FreeBSD.org  : PGP ID =3D 72077137
Hell hath no fury like a bureaucrat scorned.
=09=09-- Milton Friedman