Date:      Thu, 06 Jun 2002 08:25:22 -0400
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        patrickb@advantagegroup.co.nz
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: MPD & MPPE LCP not converging

At 05:19 PM 6/6/2002 +1200, Patrick Brennan wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>Has anyone had problems with MPD and MPPE (win2K clients -
>128bit SP 2) before?  I would appear that the CCP phase of the

I have found that to disable software compression on client workstation
often helps. Also, make sure the clients PPTP software really works. e.g.
make them connect to another win2k box.  I have found in some cases,
windows has a habit of messing up the correct versions of DLLs and you end
up with a box that cannot connect.  Also, there are certain revs of Win98
that just will NOT connect ever without appropriate fixes from MS.

Good luck, this seems like such a fragile way to network.... Thank you MS :-(

         ---Mike