Date:      Sat, 01 Sep 2012 01:03:33 +0900 (JST)
From:      Hiroki Sato <hrs@FreeBSD.org>
To:        gabor@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        doceng@FreeBSD.org, doc@FreeBSD.org, www@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: [CALL FOR REVIEW] doc and www converted to XML

----Security_Multipart(Sat_Sep__1_01_03_33_2012_305)--

Gabor Kovesdan <gabor@FreeBSD.org> wrote
  in <503F9734.7010209@FreeBSD.org>:

ga> Em 30-08-2012 17:52, Hiroki Sato escreveu:
ga> > Gabor Kovesdan <gabor@FreeBSD.org> wrote in
ga> > <503E7E70.2050504@FreeBSD.org>:
ga> >
ga> > ga> Em 29-08-2012 15:10, Hiroki Sato escreveu: ga> > 1. Convert ids
ga> > to upper-case and use them.  No compatibility ga> > problem. ga> >
ga> > ga> > 2. Use lower-case ids.  Links from pages outside of ga> >
ga> > www.FreeBSD.org may be broken. ga> > ga> > 3. Convert the existing
ga> > ids to upper-case but use lower case for ga> > newly-added ones.
ga> > It works but not consistent. ga> ga> 4. Use some kind of
ga> > redirection at the HTTP level.
ga> >
ga> > Let's forget about HTTP level solution.  On the mirror servers it
ga> > does not work.
ga>
ga> I think it is much less probable that someone links to a mirror that's
ga> why I ignored this factor.

 Localized version of handbook in www.<cc>.freebsd.org is sometimes
 referred.  In the case of Japanese version, some hardware vendors
 have links to FreeBSD handbook in their web page, for example.  The
 number is quite small, though.

ga> > One compromise solution would be adding an additional anchor with
ga> > upper-case ids just after the normal (lower-case) one by XSLT only
ga> > for HTML output.  It is relatively easy and should not be harmful.
ga> > How about this?
ga>
ga> I've also thought of this and this also looks as a good compromise. We
ga> should do it for chapter and sectX, right? Or is there something else?
ga> Before, we agreed that the XML migration should be done in various
ga> steps but then it means there will be a short interim period until we
ga> get it right with XSLT. Do you think it is acceptable?

 I think sectN and chapter are enough and it is acceptable that there
 is a short time before implementing the workaround.

-- Hiroki