Date:      Fri, 13 Jan 2012 11:32:46 -0800
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-rc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Problem with LOGIN and cron

On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 02:18:03AM -0800, Doug Barton wrote:
> I haven't fully processed the implications to your proposed change to
> rcorder, but a quick meta-note. We should not introduce any new
> examples of BEFORE in base rc.d scripts. That knob is useful for
> ports/local stuff, but it makes debugging harder.

Doug,
Thanks for the info.  I need to digest the BEFORE vs. LOGIN REQUIRE it a
little bit more with my local patch.

> It moves cron and jail from right before LOGIN, to fairly late after it.
> There are no other changes. On my system specifically:

With my change, jail was pushed earlier, not later.  I'm pretty sure
jail should run before changes the secure level -- especially if one
wants securelevel=3.

I have no opinion on cron running later than it did before.

--
-- David  (obrien@FreeBSD.org)