Date:      Thu, 10 Jan 2002 20:39:30 +0200 (EET)
From:      Bernie <Bernie_X@myrealbox.com>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd@datalinkwireless.com>
Cc:        FREEBSD-NEWBIES@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Newbie with a Kernel Question

check out the following sites. there are good articles there
and searcheable indexes in some.

http://www.mostgraveconcern.com/freebsd/ipfw.html
http://www.freebsddiary.org/
http://www.onlamp.com/pub/ct/15
bsdvault.net

also, kernel options are changes from version to another. the options
you see in the articles , cross-check them with your LINT file. it
will save you the time of kernel stoping during make and having
to reconfigure...

i'm in the process of learning about firewalls etc and recompiled
kernel about 15 days ago, and i remember for sure that some options
consearning the ipfw are changed...so check out...

Regards,

Bernie