Date:      Mon, 17 Dec 2018 14:12:22 +0000
From:      Edward Napierala <trasz@freebsd.org>
To:        Alex McKeever <alex.mckeever@sbcglobal.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Common Desktop Environment broken when compiling from ports tree on FreeBSD 12 RC3 (May also apply to the final build)

pon., 17 gru 2018 o 00:42 Alex McKeever <alex.mckeever@sbcglobal.net>
napisa=C5=82(a):

> I ran into problems compiling the CDE in FreeBSD 12.0 RC3 (PowerPC) on my=
 eMac. It says it is broken and cannot be compiled. Also, any ETA on when t=
his port of the OS will go into Tier 1? Compiling software, desktop environ=
ments, X11, using 11.1 and the now unsupported 10.4 failed when I tried tho=
se a while back (and personally I have been partial to Linux and how easily=
 I can just get software via APT or Zypper... I would be running Debian Sid=
 if they didn=E2=80=99t drop support for the eMac in terms of my internal d=
isplay not working after Jessie)

FWIW, the x11/cde port is not just broken on MIPS and PowerPC; it's marked
broken on FreeBSD 12 on all architectures.