Date:      Thu, 26 Jun 1997 10:00:17 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        jamie@itribe.net (Jamie Bowden)
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BSD io

> > It's not the same thing at all.  Mine was commercial, and it was
> > the top rated communications program for UNIX systems (beating
> > out even UUCP) for four years in a row.  It was also the first
> > shrink-wrapped psoftware ever sold for UNIX systems.  It could
> > also emulate a VT100 well enough to run EDT or LSE, with you
> > sitting at a Hazeltine, Televideo, Wyse, IBM 3101, or other
> > not-at-all-DEC-compatible terminal.  And vice versa.
>
> I'm curious, what was this software, and did you port it to FreeBSD yet?

"TERM Communications Software, from Century Software, Inc."

And ever since I went to Novell (I've since left them as well) to
hack UNIX kernels, I haven't had access to the source code (it's not
mine to port).

So unless Wes did the job while he was the developement manager there,
it probably has not been ported.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---