Date:      Sun, 4 Nov 2012 11:31:46 +0000
From:      Chris Rees <crees@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Thomas Mueller <mueller23@insightbb.com>
Subject:   Re: wine/i386 for FreeBSD/amd64 port (aka wine-fbsd64)

On 4 November 2012 11:16, Thomas Mueller <mueller23@insightbb.com> wrote:
> from David Naylor <naylor.b.david@gmail.com>:
>
>> Hi List,
>
>> # Executive Summary
>
>> Over the past years I have been maintaining the wine-fbsd64 port (see
>> http://mediafire.com/wine_fbsd64 for more).  The port itself effectively does
>> static linking (it bundles all the libraries wine needs) with scripts to
>> bootstrap the environment to easily use wine from FreeBSD/amd64.  There is
>> also a script to install the i386 nVidia graphic drivers so that wine has
>> access to nVidia accelerated graphics from FreeBSD/amd64.
>
>> I would like to propose this port gets included in the port's collection and
>> would like to get feedback, your comments please :-).
>
>> P.S. I'm not subscribed to the list, so please ensure I'm cc'ed in the
>> discussion.
>
>> # Details of the Port
>
>> Please see attached for the actual port.
>
>> ## Port Preamble
>
>> This port is a slave port to emulators/wine(-devel).  The master port needed
>> to be modified (already done):
>>  - to conditionally set USE_LDCONFIG (if USE_LDCONFIG32 was not set)
>>  - to allow the library directory to be changed (see WINELIBDIR)
>>  - to allow configure arguments to be appended
>
>> ## Port Targets
>
>> The port itself does the following in the preamble:
>>  - specifies the pkg(de)install script to handle nVidia driver patching
>>  - overrides ACTUAL-PACKAGE-DEPENDS (all depends are bundled with the port)
>>  - defined the library directory to ${PREFIX}/lib32
>>  - defined the binary directory to ${PREFIX}/bin32
>>  - patches the PLIST to refer to lib32 (not lib)
>>  - defined USE_LDCONFIG32 appropriately
>
>> The post-install-script target:
>>  - Installs the files/binbounce file in ${PREFIX}/bin for each ${PREFIX}/bin32
>> file (hard linked)
>>  - Finds all linked library, copies them to ${PREFIX}/lib32, and added them to
>> the plist
>>  - Finds all dlopen'ed libraries, copies them to ${PREFIX}/lib32, and added
>> them to the plist
>>  - Installs the nVidia patch file
>>  - Run the (PRE-|POST-)INSTALL script
>
>> The post-package-script (run only if WITH_PKGNG is defined):
>>  - Amends the package so the arch label to 64bit
>
>> ## Port scripts (in files/)
>
>> The binbounce file does the following to transparently fix the environment to
>> allow seamless running of the wine programs:
>>  - determines the location of the TARGET (follows symbolic links to itself)
>>  - fixes LD_LIBRARY_PATH if in an i386 environment (so lib32, lib32/wine is
>> found)
>>  - fixes LD_32_LIBRARY_PATH if in an amd64 environment (so lib32, lib32/wine,
>> /usr/lib32)
>>  - fixes PATH (so bin32 is found)
>>  - passes execution to the counterpart in bin32
>
>> The patch-nvidia.sh file does the following:
>>  - Downloads the nVidia distfile for i386 (iff nVidia amd64 driver is
>> installed)
>>  - Installs the required libraries into ${PREFIX}/lib32
> [...]

It would be a separate port, as he has explained :)

I think this is very interesting... but I'm not 100% convinced the
best place for this is in the ports tree.  However, it would improve
visibility for it, with a good IGNORE message.

We have a problem however; we can't include bsd.port.pre.mk in a slave port.

The solution I can think of is;

post-package-script:
  if [ "${PKG_BIN:T}" = "pkg" ]; then \
    ${XZ_CMD} -dc ${PKGFILE} | \
    ${SED} -e "s/^\(arch: freebsd:.*:x86\):32/\1:64/" | \
    ${XZ_CMD} > ${WRKDIR}/${PKGNAME}.txz; \
    ${MV} ${WRKDIR}/${PKGNAME}.txz ${PKGFILE}; \
  fi

Chris