Date:      Tue, 5 Aug 2003 16:40:37 -0400
From:      Don Bowman <don@sandvine.com>
To:        "'freebsd-stable@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   multiple IOxAPIC on 4.7 with Intel P64H2

I have a multi-port PCI-X card that is causing
me some grief.
An older version of the system bios allowed this to
work correctly, and the on-board devices to work
correctly.

the newer system bios has fixed a 'bug' where the
interrupts were routed incorrectly according to the
PCI bridge specification.

The system vendor indicates that I am likely missing
the support for multiple IOxAPIC, in particular,
not supporting the ones in the P64H2 hub. I know
that FreeBSD is using the IOxAPIC in the ICH-3 correctly.

Can someone suggestion if -stable supports this configuration?
I can't get to the point of running 'mptable' since
the system won't come up: i get IRQ timeouts on the scsi
device.

I have a 2x XEON system with ICH-3, e7501, and P64H2.
It appears there are two IO APIC in the ICH-3, and two
in the P64H2.

--don