Date:      Fri, 15 Aug 1997 11:01:25 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb>
To:        webmaster@global-impact.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FREEBSD + Majordomo

webmaster@global-impact.com wrote:

> I send out mail to around 10,000+ customers each month.
>
> Our customer file list is around (260kb) with 10,000+ email addresses.
> When I send mail to the list it takes in excess of 10 hours for
> majordomo to queue up all of the email addresses!  Is this a BUG or is

	just to queue the messages?
	does not include delivery?
	hhmmm......not good ;)

	sounds like you are creating a copy of the message for
	each and every receiptent.

	what big is this monthly message?

	try using bulk_mailer and majordomo together.
	you will queue one message for every X receiptents.
	(X is a command line arguement to bulk_mailer).

	what disks are you using?
	slow disks will hurt, very performance very badly.
jmb
--
Jonathan M. Bresler      FreeBSD Core Team, Postmaster       jmb@FreeBSD.ORG
FreeBSD--4.4BSD Unix for PC clones, source included. http://www.freebsd.org/