Date:      Wed, 5 Jul 2000 16:37:30 +0200
From:      Willem Brown <willem@brwn.org>
To:        Joe Konecny <jkonecn@green-mfg.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD List <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: packages

Hi,

Type pkg_info to get a list of installed packages and then
type pkg_info -L <package+version> will list the files
from that package. ex. pkg_info -L inn-2.2.2 Remember to include
the version number when you do this not just the name.

Regards
Willem Brown

On Wed, Jul 05, 2000 at 09:30:16AM -0400, Joe Konecny wrote:
> I'm no expert with fbsd so bear with me.  I'm running v4.
> I just installed INN version 2.2.2.  It was the first
> package I've ever installed.  I did it with sysinstall.
> It appears to have installed ok as it is listed with
> pkg_info.  Problem is that I have no idea where it is.
> Where does pkg_add typically place apps?

 /*      Linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD. The choice is yours.      */

FORTUNE ANSWERS THE TOUGH QUESTIONS: #3

Q:	Why haven't you graduated yet?
A:	Well, Dad, I could have finished years ago, but I wanted
	my dissertation to rhyme.