Date:      Wed, 17 Jun 2015 10:43:27 +0300
From:      Jukka Ukkonen <jau789@gmail.com>
To:        Tim Kientzle <tim@kientzle.com>
Cc:        Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>, freebsd-arm <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: RPI2 hanging during boot

Right, and if swaplate fails for whatever reason to release
some existing swap area before releasing the file systems and
devices, what will happen then? Esp. devices living on top
of file systems, like md, may create a kind of a chicken and
egg problem. The proper means from my point of view would
be the kernel itself flushing the swap areas and revoking them
before letting go of the underlying device or file system. Maybe
the kernel even does this and I simply failed to notice where it
is done. I don't know really. I am just beating the bushes here,
because it would take quite some time for me to read through
the source in detail enough to convince myself about what
will happen and when, where, and why.

--jau

Sent from my iPad