Date:      Thu, 4 Sep 1997 14:13:10 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Atipa <freebsd@atipa.com>
To:        Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
Cc:        smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Warning: DO NOT reflash GA-686DX boards

Anybody using GA-686DX motherboards should be aware of a problem with the
most recent BIOS that kills the performance of the 2nd processor. Well,
it doesn't kill it, but it wounds it to the point you would be better off
with a 386sx-12 for your 2nd processor...

I believe the most recent GOOD BIOS is 1.23.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Cordially,
Kevin

Below is a forward from the Linux world relating to the problem: