Date:      Fri, 31 Mar 1995 23:59:23 -0700
From:      nate@sneezy.sri.com (Nate Williams)
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Cool sound tools/programs?

I decided to enter the 90's and get a sound-card, so my new Gravis
UltraSound MAX just came in the email today. :)

I have it setup and working, but now I need to find something to show it
off with other than xboing.  Does anyone know of some good (FreeBSD
specific) utilities that do a good job showing off what this thing can
do?

Also, is it possible to have my CD-ROM output (NEC 3X SCSI) play it's
sound through the sound-card by default?  I hooked up the cable which is
supposed to make it work, but I may have gotten it upside down.
However, in the manual it mentions that special software might be needed
to make it work, so before I go off and tear my box apart I'd like to
know if I can even do this under FreeBSD.

Thanks for all the help,

Nate

ps. No, I don't care about DOS/Windows software.  I don't have DOS on my
computer and my hardware has been virus (microsloth) free for almost 3
years now. :-)