Date:      Fri, 21 May 1999 19:34:10 +0100
From:      amobbs@allstor-sw.co.uk
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Wired memory "leaking"

>I've got a problem that my KLD is "leaking" wired memory.
>
>It's not actually growing in size, vmstat -m shows a fairly constant
allocation, >and certainly "high" isn't increasing. It's just that as I use it
more, and more >memory gets wired down, and the system becomes unusable.
[blah]

Just for the archives, it was, predictably, a memory leak after all. My _vnops.c
wasn't freeing the cn_pnbuf.

Why Oh Why(tm) is everything else freed for you, but the path buffer is left to
the poor, confused, FS to free?

Andrew.