Date:      Wed, 21 Mar 2001 13:25:17 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: remind me again, why is MAXPHYS only 128k ?

Folks complained about some VM issues for trying to wire down a megabyte, etc.

You sent me a suggestion as to how we could do specific device wiring w/o
increasing MAXPHYS itself.

That said, in NetBSD I've run 1024K MAXPHYS- you just have to make sure that
the max buffer size doesn't track MAXPHYS 'coz you run out of memory rather
quick.