Date:      Thu, 14 Aug 1997 11:20:45 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org, luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it (Luigi Rizzo)
Subject:   snd970814.tgz

Yet another snap of the new PnP + sound code at

	http://www.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/snd970814.tgz
	http://www.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/snd970814.tar.gz
	ftp://www.iet.unipi.it/pub/snd970814.tgz

they are all the same thing, hopefully those who have problems
downloading the file with netscape (guys, don't you know that there
are also other alternatives for downloading web documents, such as
"fetch" and "wget" ?) will manage to get the files.

I would appreciate feedback from -multimedia on how the driver works on
your cards, and from -hackers about the PnP configuration stuff (both
code and documentation).

This new snap is smaller than the previous since I have removed
all the currently unused pieces, and somewhat simplified the code.
The driver is now just five C source files plus five include files.
Two more files are used for PnP support. See the README file for more
news on what has changed since the previous snap.

I have added drivers for nas and vat working in full duplex, and
a couple of utility programs. The documentation has been updated,
and now includes a section on PnP stuff.

I have tested the driver a lot with the CS4236, while no changes have
been made to the SB version. I am currently working on the OPTI931,
which seems to work in playback, but gives me some trouble in capture
mode (probably some stupid mistake on my side, since I am getting too
many interrupts). Next snap will be available on Aug.22

	Cheers
	Luigi