Date:      Tue, 29 Aug 2000 21:48:51 -0700
From:      Renaud Waldura <renaud@waldura.com>
To:        Chris Griffiths <ctg1701@yahoo.com>
Cc:        net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mpd-netgraph and vpn issues

It's working fine and dandy between FreeBSD 4.1 and Windows
2000 clients *using a subnet*.

I include my configuration below, I'm still working on it.

### mpd.conf ###

        # create the bundle "ligos" with link "pptp"
        new ligos pptp

        # single link
        set bundle disable multilink
        set iface disable on-demand
        set iface idle 1800

        # range of addresses assigned to clients
        set ipcp ranges 192.168.150.1/32 192.168.150.2/24

        # we route that network
        set iface disable proxy-arp
        set iface route 192.168.150.0/24

        # primary and secondary DNS servers
        set ipcp dns 192.168.1.1

        # primary and secondary WINS servers
        #set ipcp nbns XXX

        # do VJ compression
        set ipcp yes vjcomp

        # accept compression & encryption?
        set bundle accept compression
        set bundle accept encryption
        #set bundle enable crypt-reqd

        # accept Microsoft compression and encryption
	# working?
        set ccp accept mppc
        set ccp accept mpp-compress
        set ccp accept mpp-e40
        set ccp accept mpp-e128
        #set ccp accept mpp-stateless

### mpd.links ###

pptp:
        set link type pptp

        # this is a PPTP server only
        #set pptp mode passive
        set pptp enable incoming
        set pptp disable originate

        # the PPTP interface address
        set pptp self 207.238.131.190

        # CHAP authenticated
        set link enable chap
        set link disable pap

        # protocol compression
        set link enable acfcomp protocomp
        set link keep-alive 10 75
        set link enable no-orig-auth

Once again, the crowd goes wild over FreeBSD's technical
excellence, and thanks Archie Cobbs for everything,

--Renaud