Date:      Thu, 3 Sep 1998 15:28:31 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu>
To:        dorseb@hol.fr
Cc:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problem with asmail

Hi,

I've looked through your .asmailrc file and it looks okay.  One thing I do
note is that you're using this to check root's mail.  I hope you're not
always logged in as root.  It's better to create an account for yourself
and then su to root to do those things that require root.

Anyway...

> > Hmm....  the package puts the images in /usr/X11R6/include/X11/pixmaps.
> > Do you have a series of e*.xpm in that directory?
> I look in a readme file and it was said that that kind of images are
> too heavy in colors (250) they advise to take pictures with 15
> colours ...
> I tried to find these pictures but I can't find them.

The pixmaps are 8 bit pixmaps .... you'd have to go through and manually
make them a lower number of colors but I don't think that's the problem
here.

If you do an ls as shown below on your machine you should get the same
results.  If you don't, something has gone wrong in the package
installation.

peloton: {11} ls /usr/X11R6/include/X11/pixmaps/e*.xpm
/usr/X11R6/include/X11/pixmaps/e-no.xpm
/usr/X11R6/include/X11/pixmaps/e4.xpm
/usr/X11R6/include/X11/pixmaps/e0.xpm
/usr/X11R6/include/X11/pixmaps/e5.xpm
/usr/X11R6/include/X11/pixmaps/e1.xpm
/usr/X11R6/include/X11/pixmaps/e6.xpm
/usr/X11R6/include/X11/pixmaps/e10.xpm
/usr/X11R6/include/X11/pixmaps/e7.xpm
/usr/X11R6/include/X11/pixmaps/e11.xpm
/usr/X11R6/include/X11/pixmaps/e8.xpm
/usr/X11R6/include/X11/pixmaps/e2.xpm
/usr/X11R6/include/X11/pixmaps/e9.xpm
/usr/X11R6/include/X11/pixmaps/e3.xpm

Can you tell me if you have these files?  If you don't have them then the
wharf will just have a big blank spot there (although it should start).

Brett
Brett Taylor            brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu
http://peloton.physics.montana.edu/brett/

"There is something uncanny in the noiseless rush of the cyclist,
 as he comes into view, passes by, and disappears."
					 -   Popular Science, 1891