Date:      Mon, 3 May 2010 22:47:31 +0200
From:      Rafal Jaworowski <raj@semihalf.com>
To:        Kristof Provost <kristof@sigsegv.be>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, Jakub Klama <jceel@semihalf.com>
Subject:   Re: GSoC: Generic DMA engine framework

On 2010-05-03, at 22:22, Kristof Provost wrote:

> On 2010-05-03 22:12:28 (+0200), Rafal Jaworowski <raj@semihalf.com> =
wrote:
>>=20
>> Not sure how far you went with the crypto engine work, but be advised =
we already have completed the CESA driver, only I haven't managed to =
commit the code yet.. Let me know if you'd like to see / test drive =
this.
> Yes, I'd be quite interested to see how my attempts compare to your
> work. Does it support the Sheevaplug SoC or the 88F5182 (Orion)? I
> didn't study the Sheevaplug documentation in great detail but I =
believe
> the CESA is similar (but not identical) on the two chips.

I believe the 88F5182 has CESA as well, although as far I can see the =
main difference is that while the 88F6xxx (and MV-78xxx) CESA has an =
associated (to some extent can be considered as dedicated) TDMA engine, =
the one in 88F5182 does not, and can only use the generic purpose engine =
(IDMA). Our driver assumes TDMA and was only tested with 88F6xxx and =
78xxx, so it seems there's some work involved with getting this to work =
on the 5182. Let me carve the code out for your reference so that you =
can try to extend it to work wirh Orion.

>> BTW: out of curiousity, what is the platform based on 88F5281 you're =
using?
> It's a TS-7800:
> http://www.embeddedarm.com/products/board-detail.php?product=3DTS-7800

Does the generic DB-88F5XXX kernel config and existing code work with =
this device, or have you had to modify anything?

Rafal