Date:      Wed, 30 Aug 2000 14:45:39 +0100
From:      michael.j.lewis@db.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   simple stuff

All,

New to freeBSD, so please excuse the simple questions, can anyone help.....

i. Under Linux I can set entries in /etc/inittab to automatically start the XServer and have a graphical login,
   I understand freeBSD uses the rc*.conf files, but does anyone know what setting/file needs to be changed
   to have a default graphical login?

ii. General unix. I can write a process that will listen on a socket, I'd like to be able to telnet to the process a la
    sendmail (telnet localhost smtp ) , will a telnet client connect to any listening socket and just re-route the stin/stdout
to/from that socket ... or should use the force on the senmail code ... any help appreciated.

Rgds

Michael Lewis