Date:      Fri, 9 Sep 2011 17:13:21 +0400
From:      Lev Serebryakov <lev@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: [RFC] New ports idea: github / gitorious / bitbucket direct support.

Hello, Baptiste.
You wrote 9 =F1=E5=ED=F2=FF=E1=F0=FF 2011 =E3., 17:04:58:

> The main problem with that is: we have no way to keep a valid sum of the
> distfiles if it is autogenerated (in particular with github) and this sum=
 is
> really important.
 I've thought about checksums, but my simple experiment shows, that
tag-related (not tip-related, of course) archives give same chsum
after re-downloading in short time. But I don't check it for long-term
stability.

 Ok, other idea: check-out sources (require hg/git as BUILD
dependency, but anyway user will need them to build software by hands)
and check strong checksum of checked out revision (as both DVCS uses
strong checksums as IDs internally).

 It is more complex feature, than adding additional MASTER_SITES, for
sure.

--=20
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev@FreeBSD.org>