Date:      Mon, 30 Oct 2006 08:21:31 +0200
From:      Ion-Mihai "IOnut" Tetcu <itetcu@FreeBSD.org>
To:        <soralx@cydem.org>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: GUI imap client

--Sig_MkhqU92RZvKab6l16GwgMQe

On Sun, 29 Oct 2006 19:03:09 -0800
<soralx@cydem.org> wrote:

>=20
> can anyone kindly recommend a decent GUI imap client? I used KMail for
> quite a while and didn't complain, but decided to move away from it
> (slow, stores message flags in some weird way usable only to itself,
> fancy, requires KDE, etc). So I tried sylpheed-claws (I often heard
> compliments in it's address, since the times of stuphead). Well, it
> turned out to be an ugly one: has a nasty habit of coredumping a dozen
> times per day,=20

Have you sent backtraces to the port maintainer and/or upstream ? I
don't remember any PRs about s.-c. lately.

> never saves any preferences, completely untunable

Examples ?

> (hell, I can't even change the vertical dimension of so-called
> 'Folder' list -- what a waste of space!), just riddled with bugs. Not

What exactly means 'vertical dimension' ?

> very usable :( Is there a kind of compromise between KMail and
> sylpheed? (or something original wouldn't hurt either ;)

Strange that I don't see any of the problem you mention; I'm using
sylpheed-claws for about 29 configured email accounts, 2 of which are
IMAP one being my FreeBSD list subscription with 153 folders.

sylpheed-claws --status-full:
 new: 240 unread: 290335 total: 950215

The only problem I have is that a Draft message written in s.-c. when
accessed in sqirrel webmail doesn't have the To: and Subject: lines and
vice-versa.

An other thing which I would like would be to fetch only attachments
names and sizes when one opens a email and fetch the attachment only
when you open it (I saw this in Eudora and like it very much).

--=20

To live is always desirable.
		-- Eleen the Capellan, "Friday's Child", stardate