Date:      Mon, 15 Jan 2001 23:55:13 +0100
From:      Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.demon.nl>
To:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
Cc:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@FreeBSD.ORG>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, jkh@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: One thing linux does better than FreeBSD...

On Mon, Jan 15, 2001 at 11:47:15PM +0100, Dag-Erling Smorgrav wrote:
> wkb@freebie.demon.nl writes:
> > Jordan/BSDi have been/are still in contact with folks here in the Netherlands
> > who create beastie artwork (e.g. the 'newsreader  beastie with
> > milkshake', the 'forklift / release beastie' are all from their desk).
>
> They weren't very well received. The 3.1-RELEASE and 3.2-RELEASE CD
> sets had the "waiter beastie" graphic (the one on 3.1 had no tail!),
> but by 3.3 WC had reverted to Hosokawa-san's "beastie coming out of a
> CD" artwork.

Whatever. I just wanted to make the point that artwork does not appear out
of blue sky. And good ideas for artwork are very hard to come by. One needs
good ideas, and then a good artist to do the work. Neither of which I see
at the moment??

Wilko

NB: my all-time favorite is the 2.1-cover that never made it.
The one with "A giant step for PCs" and the Apollo moonlander, the
sneaker footprint and the shadow of beastie. I only have a hardcopy, if
anyone still has the file I'd sure like a copy.