Date:      Fri, 02 Oct 1998 09:04:07 -0700
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        shmit@kublai.com
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Threading man pages.

In article <19981001181601.C228@kublai.com>,
Brian Cully  <shmit@kublai.com> wrote:

> That, and there appear to be problems with the way pthread_create
> and fork() interact. After I fork(), I do a bunch of pthread_creates
> and my application just hangs. If I don't fork() everything works
> fine.

Fork() or vfork()?  SMP kernel?  This is a very long shot, but try
updating "src/sys/vm/vm_map.c" to the latest version (1.136).  It
fixed some problems related to fork() on all kernels, and vfork() as
well on SMP systems.  I don't think it will solve your problem, but
it's worth a try (just barely).